Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue June 2, 2009
Kentucky American Water Customers To Dig A Little Deeper
By Ron Smith
Frankfort, Ky – The Kentucky Public Service Commission has accepted a settlement that allows Kentucky-American to increase annual revenue by 10-point-3 million dollars or about 17 percent.
The psc says the increase will raise the typical monthly residential bill by about three dollars and 90 cents.
Kentucky American wanted a 31 percent increase which would have increased monthly bills by about 7 dollars.
Kentucky American says it needs additional revenue to meet increased operating costs and to pay for system improvements, particularly the water treatment plant it is building on the Kentucky River in Owen County and the pipeline from that plant to Fayette County.
The new rate takes effect immediately.