Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Wed June 16, 2010
Keeneland Partners With West Virginia Resort
By Brenna Angel
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- – One is in the horse business, the other, a hotel. Two companies from different states are teaming up to attract customers.
Keeneland President Nick Nicholson announced Wednesday a new partnership with The Greenbrier resort in West Virginia.
"The opportunity to expose people from all over the world that are familiar with the horse world to the beauty of West Virginia and the beauty of the Greenbrier is something that we think will enhance their visit and make their trips even more enjoyable, and hopefully on this side will keep it profitable."
Some 300 miles separate Keeneland and The Greenbrier. When traveling by air, however, Greenbrier owner Jim Justice says the trip only takes about half an hour.
"Greenbrier is going to have its own helicopter, its own planes, and absolutely be marketing and moving people back and forth to Keeneland on a daily basis. We think that will be a terrific attraction to our guests there, and they will be able to enjoy this incredible place."
Nicholson says the partnership will also include package deals for customers.