Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed March 24, 2010
Keeneland Improves Traffic Plan
By Alan Lytle
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- – Keeneland is revamping its traffic plan for this year's spring meet. The race track consulted with Lexington police and traffic officials to find ways to better move crowds, which can reach up to 10,000 people on weekdays, 20,000 on weekend.
"Making the experience of coming to Keeneland and being able to do it especially on our big days in such a way that inconveniences our friends and neighbors in Lexington as little as possible is a never-ending journey for us," said Keeneland President and CEO Nick Nicholson.
Nicholson says improvements include removing a large portion of the median on its main road, increasing valet and shuttle services, and adding more spaces in the track's preferred parking lots.
Opening day of the Keeneland spring meet is April 2nd.