Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu May 30, 2013
Kay Ahead In 56th District Fundraising Race
FRANKFORT, Ky. - Democrat James Kay is leading the way when it comes to fundraising in the 56th District state House race. Campaign representatives say Kay raised more than $88,000 in the first reporting period for the June 25th special election.
The Lexington Herald-Leader reports Republican Lyen Crews added just over $49,000 to his war chest, while independent candidate John Mark-Hack has raised $6,000.
Gov. Steve Beshear called the special election after Democrat Carl Rollins resigned from the legislature in April to take a post with the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority.