Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Fri April 20, 2012
Justin Knapp Makes History On Wikipedia
Originally published on Fri April 20, 2012 7:37 am
LYNN NEARY, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Lynn Neary. There's a good chance you've seen the work of 30-year-old Justin Knapp, even if you've never heard of him. That's because he's a prolific editor on Wikipedia. In fact, he just became the first Wikipedia user to make one million edits. But Knapp may be a dying breed. Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales says the number of editors contributing to the online encyclopedia is on the decline. Apparently they've all grown up and found better things to do with their time. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.