Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu August 19, 2010
Judge Rules Nunn Eligible For Death Penalty
Lexington, KY – Fayette Circuit Judge Pamela Goodwine made her ruling Thursday afternoon following nearly a full day of testimony and arguments in the case against Steve Nunn.
The defense maintained Nunn shouldn't be eligible for capital charges because the only aggravating circumstance listed by prosecutors was Nunn's violation of a domestic protection order on behalf of the victim, Amanda Ross. Nunn's attorneys argued the standard for getting that order was too low to be a reason to invoke the death penalty.
Goodwine agreed with prosecutors that Nunn's alleged violation of a court order makes the crime a possible death case.