Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Tue July 2, 2013
Judd 'Ready To Fight' Beside Grimes In Senate Race
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Actress Ashley Judd says she's "ready to fight" beside Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes, the Kentucky secretary of state who announced Monday that she would challenge Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell next year.
Judd, who had considered the race herself, showed her support for Grimes in a tweet Tuesday.
Judd wrote, "Even in thick woods outstanding news filters through. Thrilled for the people of KY & ready to fight beside"
Judd, a former Kentucky resident now living in Tennessee, announced in March that she wouldn't run against the five-term Kentucky Republican. When Judd decided against a bid, Democratic leaders turned to Grimes as their candidate of choice.
The 34-year-old Grimes announced her decision to take on McConnell at a Frankfort press conference Monday.