Most Active Stories
- Lexington's New Econ. Development Fund And Demise Of Desha's On BizLexChat
- Local Music Monday: Fifth On The Floor Frontman, Justin Wells
- Salvation Army Gets Extra Special Donation In Owensboro
- UK A Capella Group Set To Debut On "The Sing-Off"
- Walton Avenue Corridor, VisitLEX Part Of This Week's Bizlex Chat
Thu March 22, 2012
Jobless Rate Continues To Drop In Kentucky
FRANKFORT, Ky. The jobless rate has fallen to 8.7 percent in Kentucky. That's based on February statistics released Thursday by the Office of Employment and Training.
Kentucky's unemployment rate has been in a slow decline for eight consecutive months. It's down from 1.1 percent a year ago.
Seven of the state's 11 major nonfarm job sectors reported increases in employment.
The professional and business services sector, with 3,300 positions added in February, was the fastest growing. It was followed by the state's leisure and hospitality sector grew by 3,000 jobs.
The manufacturing sector lost 1,000 jobs in February. The trade, transportation and utilities sector lost 600 jobs. And the information sector lost 400 jobs.