Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue October 29, 2013
JLaw Buys Theatre For Early Premiere
Kentucky native and Hunger Games star Jennifer Lawrence is using the opening of her latest film to give back to her hometown.
Hunger Games fans can catch a viewing of the latest franchise installment ‘Catching Fire’ two days before the rest of the nations. Jennifer Lawrence has booked the Cinemark Tinseltown Theatre in Louisville for November 20th. Tickets to the special screening run $125 each and all the proceeds will benefit one of J-Law’s favorite charities, The Saint Mary’s Center. There are only 350 tickets available and they will be on sale through November 8th.
Saint Mary’s Center serves over 150 adults and teens with intellectual disabilities. For the past 20-years they have provided training that help participant’s lead independent lives in the community. To purchase tickets to the special screening of ‘Hunger Games Catching Fire’ click here https://cflfund.net/netcommunity/catching-fire