Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed October 8, 2008
It's Official...Breeder's Cup Coming Back To Churchill
By Kentucky Public Radio
Louisville, KY – Officials say the two-day racing meet featuring the world's top thoroughbreds will
be held in November of 2010 at Churchill Downs.
Breeders' Cup Chairman William Farish says Churchill's popularity with both horsemen
and fans played an important role in the decision to return the event to the track.
Kentucky Cabinet Secretary Larry Hayes says the addition of the Breeders' Cup to
the calendar will make 2010 a memorable year in Kentucky.
"We'll start out in May with the Kentucky Derby, and you know, we're a world class
city that weekend, and then we're going to have the World Equestrian Games later on in
the summer, and we're going to showcase Kentucky all forms of equestrian. And then
to have this signature event here).
The Breeders' Cup will be held this year and next at Santa Anita racetrack in California.