Most Active Stories
- Free Speech Exercised, Tested At UK's Constitution Day
- We’re gonna keep Summer going a bit longer with another WUKY Phoenix Friday Sept 26... 3 bands!!
- Shelton Promises Action On District Dysfunction
- Gigabit Possibilities For Lexington, Centrepointe, And KY-Swedish Connection On BizLexChat
- Fayette Schools Audit: Poor Management And Communication, But No Criminal Activity
Thu December 1, 2011
Iowa Drainage Ditch To Be Renamed
Originally published on Thu December 1, 2011 6:07 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
And today's last word in business is West Drainage Ditch. That is currently the name of the creek that runs through Kalona, Iowa. Not the most appealing of names, but a local newspaper editor is exploring plans to change it.
The editor wants a more noble name for the waterway - or the crick(ph), as locals call it, according to the Iowa Press Citizen. City council embraced the idea of a name change, and the editor has put the naming rights up for auction on eBay. Funds will go toward replacing the sidewalks. So get in your bid now.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION, from NPR News. I'm Steve Inskeep. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.