Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Sat October 28, 2006
An Interview with Casey Russell
By Tom Godell
Lexington, KY – What was the UK campus like 60 years ago? Casey Goman came to Lexington in the fall of 1943, looked at the Journalism Department and decided UK was for her. She immediately became involved with WBKY (those were the call letters back in those days), the Kernel, and the Best Band in
Dixie. She played the bass drum. Marched with it, too. William "Rusty" Russell appeared in 1946, after three years in the Navy Seabees. Casey met Rusty. Journalism and Radio Advertising kept them busy. Their
memories of campus activities are bright to this day - meet Casey and Rusty Russell, retired Floridians, still busy with lots of activities.