Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon June 10, 2013
Intercity Bus Service Expanding to Lexington
LEXINGTON,KY-- Today is the first day Lexington travelers can take a Megabus to nearby cities.
The company, a subsidiary of Coach USA, says it will offer routes to Atlanta, Cincinnati, Chattanooga, and Knoxville, Tennessee. These cities will also allow connections to Columbus, Ohio, Erie, Pennsylvania, and Buffalo, New York.
Lextran is providing a common stop for Megabus and spokeswoman Jill Barnett says interest in the service is high.
“People seem to be anxious to try it. It’s a low cost way to get to and from those places and sometimes you can buy your ticket for an extremely low price depending on if you purchase far enough in advance," Barnett said.
Buses will depart twice daily from the Lexington Transit Station at 220 East Vine Street. Additional information, including schedules, is available at the company's website.