Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon July 22, 2013
Input Sought On North Elkhorn Stream Impairments
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- State officials have extended the deadline to submit input on a draft report dealing with stream impairments in the North Elkhorn Creek watershed in Central Kentucky.
The draft report addresses bacteria impairments in three stream segments of the watershed at levels that no longer support a swimming designated use.
The Energy and Environment Cabinet has extended the public comment period on the reports prepared by the Kentucky Division of Water until August 22nd.
Revisions to the report may be made following the public comment period and before it is sent to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
The North Elkhorn Creek watershed is in the Kentucky River Basin in Fayette County.
The Clean Water Act requires each state to periodically identify waters where designated uses aren't being met and water quality impairments exist.