Most Active Stories
- Local Music Monday: Fifth On The Floor Frontman, Justin Wells
- Lexington's New Econ. Development Fund And Demise Of Desha's On BizLexChat
- Salvation Army Gets Extra Special Donation In Owensboro
- UK A Capella Group Set To Debut On "The Sing-Off"
- Walton Avenue Corridor, VisitLEX Part Of This Week's Bizlex Chat
Thu December 15, 2011
Indonesian Sultanate In The Middle Of A Power Grab
Indonesia is the world's third largest democracy, behind India and the United States. But the governor of the province that's the cultural heart of that democracy is a Sultan, an un-elected monarch. This unusual arrangement has survived unchallenged for six decades - until now. NPR's Anthony Kuhn has the story.