Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Tue January 21, 2014
Incumbents, Newcomers File For Urban County Council Races
Candidates for the Urban County Council filing ahead of the Jan. 28th deadline include several familiar names along with some first-timers.
New contenders include Michael Stuart, a board member with LexArts and the Living Arts & Science Center who will vie for the 2nd District seat, Jake Gibbs, a history professor and former co-owner of Alfalfa who will run for the 3rd District, and Susan Lamb, a former council clerk who will compete in the 4th.
The 10th District race will also include newcomer Amanda Mays Bledsoe, a former policy analyst with the Council of State Governments, while former council member Fred Brown is making a run for the 8th District seat.
So far four incumbents have filed the necessary paperwork: Julian Beard in the 4th District, Jennifer Scutchfield in the 7th, Harry Clarke in the 10th, and Peggy Henson in the 11th. One additional incumbent who says she intends to run but has yet to file is the 9th District’s Jennifer Mossotti.