More than $60,000 has been raised in just a couple of weeks to help a Lexington restaurant owner who was burned while cooking.
Mamadou "Sav" Savane, who owns Sav's Grill & West African Cuisine, suffered second-degree burns in the June 3 accident.
Lexington media report hundreds attended a fundraiser on Monday at Smiley Pete Publishing and donated more than $10,000. That's on top of about $50,000 raised online in the days following the accident to help Savane pay his medical bills.
Savane has been released from the hospital and is recovering at home.
Meanwhile, friends and family are pitching in to keep the restaurant open until Savane is able to return.