Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- WUKY's Phoenix Fridays... presented by Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals
- Kentucky Adventures: Experiencing The Bourbon Trail
Sat May 12, 2012
How Teddy Saved Football
Originally published on Sat May 12, 2012 6:05 pm
Football is a violent game, but a century ago it used to be a lethal pastime. NPR's Tom Goldman explains how President Teddy Roosevelt stepped in and forced the establishment of new rules that made the game safer.