Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon July 2, 2012
Hopkinsville Could Become Home Of Hemp Museum
HOPKINSVILLE, Ky. -- A private collection of equipment and memorabilia devoted to industrial hemp could someday be housed in a museum in Hopkinsville.
The president of the Kentucky Hemp Museum tells WKMS in Murray ( http://bit.ly/Ndvys7 ) that she hopes to bring the collection to the Jackson Purchase from its current home in Lexington.
Katie Moyer says the collection consists of various agricultural equipment and memorabilia. Kentucky once supplied 96 percent of the nation's industrial hemp.
Moyer says industrial hemp is as much a part of Kentucky history as horses and Bluegrass.