Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Wed July 3, 2013
Homer Bailey Tosses Second No-Hitter
CINCINNATI _ Reds pitcher Homer Bailey has thrown his second no-hitter in 10 months and the first in the majors this season, pitching Cincinnati to a 3-0 victory over the San Francisco Giants Tuesday night at Great American Ball Park.
Bailey’s first no-hitter came last September in Pittsburgh and he says there were more than a few déjà vu moments on the mound last night.
"I kind of said to myself, before the eight (inning), it's something I've already done so I knew what to expect. This one was a little different being in Cincinnati. I just went one pitch at a time and at the end I just kind of looked at the glove and threw it as hard as I could."
Bailey became the third Reds pitcher with more than one no-hitter, joining Jim Maloney and Johnny Vander Meer.
Meanwhile in Lexington, lefty Daniel Stumpf of the Legends pitched a 7 inning no-hitter as the home team took a 1-0 win over Greenville in the first game of a doubleheader Tuesday night. The no-hitter was the third in Legends history. The Legends completed the sweep with a 7-1, seven inning victory in the second game. The series wraps up tonight at 7 at Whitaker Bank Ball Park.