Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed December 23, 2009
Henry Sentenced In Election Probe
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – Standing before Franklin Circuit Judge Thomas Wingate, Steve Henry admitted his failed 2007 campaign for governor violated several campaign finance laws, but not knowingly. Fifty-six year old Henry was fined 500-dollars and sentenced to 12 months in jail, conditionally discharged for two years. "This political witch hunt I think really is a very dangerous precedent, but my family comes first. And I've got to be honest with you. I've had this case for - what have we been doing this - two and half years we've been talking about this case?
Henry also paid a civil penalty of 10-thousand dollars. He told reporters after his sentencing that he appreciates the support of the people of the Commonwealth, but when it comes to politics he is "not available."