Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed June 16, 2010
Head of Kentucky Democratic Party Stepping Down
By Tony McVeigh
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- – Kentucky Democratic Party Chairman Charlie Moore is stepping down after a little more than a year as head of the party.
Moore, who assumed the chairmanship in March 2009, tells Kentucky Public Radio he never intended to hold the position for more than a year.
"I have an active law practice and I have many members of my family depending upon me to earn a living. And I simply have to get back and give full focus to my law practice. And also, we have an illness within our family right at the moment and I need to be at home whenever I'm not working."
The Kentucky Democratic Party's State Central Executive Committee is scheduled to meet Saturday in Frankfort to choose Moore's successor. Gov. Beshear's deputy chief of staff Daniel Logsdon is reportedly the governor's choice for the position.