Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
Tue August 21, 2012
Habitat For Humanity Fundraiser Features Celebrity Burger Flippers
LEXINGTON, Ky. - One Lexington family is a step closer to moving in to a new Habitat for Humanity home thanks to a partnership between the University of Kentucky’s Interfraternity Council and UK’s PanHellenic Council and students have cooked up a surprising way to raise the money.
Preparing White Castle burgers isn’t usually on their to-do list, but that’s what a number of local guests will be doing to benefit Habitat for Humanity.
"We actually have celebrity grillers that are going to come and assist in the preparation of the food and two of those celebrities are [UK president] Dr. Capilouto and his wife Mary Lynn and Mitch Barnhart," says Dana Stefaniak with Habitat for Humanity.
Stefaniak says the All You Can Eat White Castle Celebration will go a long way toward raising the $42,500 dollars needed to build the home. The event will take place Wednesday at 4:30 PM at the South Campus green space behind Kirwan resident tower. UK’s Intrafaternity Council is also asking that residents donate at any area White Castle through September 2nd.