Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Around the Nation
Wed March 26, 2014
Gwyneth Paltrow And Chris Martin Announce Separation
Originally published on Wed March 26, 2014 7:39 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. A celebrity couple splitting up, not so unusual, but there can be creative announcements. Actress Gwyneth Paltrow and her husband Chris Martin from the band Coldplay announced yesterday that they will be, quote, "consciously uncoupling." Twitterverse didn't totally embrace the couple's or, I guess now un-couple's, choice of words. NPR's Linda Holmes had some other ideas - thoughtful divestment, meditative cleavesomeness. How about soulful disgorgement? You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.