Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Thu August 23, 2012
Group Gardening In San Antonio, Texas
My significant other, Angela Hartsell, is the Community Gardens Program Manager of Green Spaces Alliance Of South Texas. She builds public and private coalitions to help communities and their gardens in San Antonio. So far her efforts have helped create 33 gardens.
Angela encourages community members to stay involved through hands-on education and garden events, while also looking for seed money and materials donations. She has shown that through sharing our skills and time we share the bounty of community; and in this way we care for ourselves, each other and the planet.
Jason Winn works for an engineering firm and listens to KSTX.