Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Wed December 11, 2013
Ground Will Finally Be Broken For CentrePointe Project
The long awaited CentrePointe project appears to be a go.
Yesterday the Urban County Council voted unanimously to pass a resolution to allow construction to begin at the vacant site. The green light comes with one condition; developers must put aside $ 4.4 million in case the project stalls. Those funds would be used to return the lot to its present state of a large grass lot surrounded by black four-plank fencing. The project initially came to a halt at the height of the economic recession in 2008. The present plans include an office building, hotel, apartment complex and an underground parking garage. Developer Dudley Webb plans to obtain final permits this week and says excavation for the parking structure should begin within the next two weeks and should be completed in early spring. Construction of the remaining structures should begin within the next six to 12 months.