Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu August 19, 2010
Gray Releases Campaign Platform
By Brenna Angel
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Lexington mayoral candidate Jim Gray's platform for the Nov. 2nd general election includes ideas on 13 issues facing central Kentucky. Gray currently serves as the city's Vice-Mayor and is running against incumbent Lexington Mayor Jim Newberry.
Gray released a booklet Wednesday titled Fresh Start Plan[PDF]. Ideas contained in the 36-page-document include elevating economic development to a cabinet-level position, reforming the city's Internal Audit Board, and creating a commissioner for Preservation, Planning, and Economic Innovation.
Newberry's campaign calls the plan "a bunch ofinitiatives that Mayor Newberry has already completed or started."