Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu November 8, 2012
Governor Beshear Sets Election Date For Williams' Replacement
FRANKFORT, Ky. - Gov. Steve Beshear has scheduled an election for Dec. 18 to replace former state Sen. David Williams in southern Kentucky's 16th District.
Two potential candidates have already announced they will seek the Republican nomination for the seat left vacant when Williams accepted an appointment to become a circuit judge.
State Rep. Sara Beth Gregory, a Monticello lawyer, said she intends to run, as has Albany lawyer David Cross, who would be a first-time candidate.
Beshear, a Democrat, appointed Williams to the judicial position last month.