Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed August 22, 2012
GOP Investing $500,000 In 6th District Race
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Republican Andy Barr is getting financial help from Washington in his race against Democratic U.S. Rep. Ben Chandler in Kentucky's 6th Congressional District.
The National Republican Congressional Committee has reserved more than $500,000 in TV and radio time to air ads promoting Barr and attacking Chandler. NRCC spokesman Nathaniel Sillin confirmed the investment. He said the group will run ads through the Nov. 6 general election.
The group already has one ad on the air that questions a Chandler statement that he wants to cut spending and balance the federal budget.
Chandler and Barr are facing off in Kentucky's most competitive general election congressional race. Barr sought a rematch with Chandler this year after losing a squeaker to him two years ago.