Most Active Stories
- To everyone that came to WUKY's Phoenix Fridays... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
- Free Speech Exercised, Tested At UK's Constitution Day
- New Deal For Centrepointe Garage And Town Branch Trail Extension In BizLexChat
- Satirical Senate Candidate To "Endorse" Biggest Fundraiser
- Pics Related To UK Shooting Case Released
Wed August 1, 2012
Georgetown Voters OK Package Liquor
GEORGETOWN, Ky. -- Voters in Georgetown have resoundingly approved the sale of package liquor.
According to the Georgetown News-Graphic, the unofficial referendum results showed the measure passed with more than 70 percent of voters approving it. The vote count was 3,175 in favor to 1,258 against.
The vote clears the way for the sale of package beer, wine and liquor within Georgetown city limits.
A group of local business owners backed the bill. Rodney Vinegar, chairman of the group, had said the city's former dry status only sent revenue from liquor sales 15 miles down the road to Lexington.