Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Mon August 5, 2013
Georgetown College Names New President
GEORGETOWN, Ky. - Following a months-long search, Georgetown College has named its choice to succeed 22-year president William Crouch.
Dr. Dwaine Greene is set to take over as president of Georgetown College in late October following a search that originally came down to former Lexington Mayor Jim Newberry and Jason Rogers of Belmont University before both withdrew from consideration.
Greene, a North Carolina native and provost at Campbell University, says the job opening was not on his radar until Georgetown approached him.
"When another institution comes to you and says you're the person that we would really like to have... That's a high compliment," he says.
Georgetown Board Chair Earl Goode says among the challenges facing Greene is the school’s business model, which hasn’t been updated in decades.
"We're a liberal arts college that basically has operated as we do today for the last 35 to 40 years, so one of the things that new leadership will provide is [to] come in and really look at 'Is Georgetown today meeting the needs of Central Kentucky?'" Goode says.
Granetta Bingham Blevins was selected as acting president of the college in late June.