Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Sun January 22, 2012
Gabrielle Giffords Steps Down: 'I Am Getting Better'
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is stepping down from Congress in order to focus on her health. She made the announcement on a YouTube video posted to her Facebook page Sunday.
"I have more work to do on my recovery, so to do what is best for Arizona I will step down this week," she says.
The Arizona representative is recovering from a gunshot wound to the head suffered in the Tucson shooting a year ago. Though she struggles with some sentences in the video, her message is clear.
"I'm getting better. Every day, my spirit is high. I will return and we will work together for Arizona and this great country," she says.