Most Active Stories
- Lexington's New Econ. Development Fund And Demise Of Desha's On BizLexChat
- Local Music Monday: Fifth On The Floor Frontman, Justin Wells
- Salvation Army Gets Extra Special Donation In Owensboro
- UK A Capella Group Set To Debut On "The Sing-Off"
- Walton Avenue Corridor, VisitLEX Part Of This Week's Bizlex Chat
Mon December 17, 2012
Free Shipping Day Woos Shoppers Back Online
LEXINGTON, KY. - Black Friday and Cyber Monday have come and gone, but shoppers still have time to take advantage of Free Shipping Day.
Monday marks the fifth annual Free Shipping Day, a promotion created by online business owner Luke Knowles to help lure mall shoppers back online with free shipping and guaranteed delivery by Christmas Eve. Knowles says the event has grown from 250 participating merchants to close to 1,700 this year.
"Last year, free shipping day was a $1 billion dollar shopping day, which put it up among the top handful of shopping days for online shopping ever in U.S. history," Knowles says.
Knowles says he hopes to break last year’s record by 15 percent. Shoppers can find out which businesses are participating at freeshippingday.com.