Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Mon June 21, 2010
Fourth of July Festival To Go On Despite Sidewalk Construction
By Alan Lytle
Lexington, KY – Downtown sidewalk construction is prompting the city to make some changes to the annual Fourth of July festival in Lexington. Special events coordinator Penny Ebel says the layout is broken down into six different "fun zones" including Main, Upper, and Short, but nothing along Vine Street.
Another thing that's different this year is the date for the all-day street fair, country concert and fireworks show; Lexington officially celebrates the fourth on Saturday July 3rd. The festivities get under way on Wednesday June 30th with the annual apple pie and ice cream social in Cheapside Park. A complete list of activities is available at lexingtonky.gov.