Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed May 22, 2013
Foundation's New HQ Offers Improved Visability/Accessibility
LEXINGTON, Ky. - A major non profit networking group has cut the ribbon on its new headquarters in Lexington’s Woodland Triangle. The Blue Grass Community Foundation completed the move from its 12th floor downtown offices to a more visible spot across from the Ramsey’s Restaurant on High Street.
“We wanted to still be in downtown, and we really thought that it was important for a community foundation to be accessible to the community," said BGCF president and CEO Lisa Adkins. "So in our new location on High Street we are at street level, there’s plenty of parking and there’s great meeting space, so for all of our donors and charitable fund holders, our community partners, the non-profits we work with, city leaders, it’s just very accessible and a great place to meet.”
The Blue Grass Community Foundation is a public charity actively involved in a variety of quality of life initiatives across Central and Eastern Kentucky, including the Legacy Trail, and Town Branch Commons Projects in Lexington, as well as the Good Giving Guide Challenge.