Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Tue May 15, 2012
Former UK Basketball Player Charged with Sex Abuse
LEXINGTON, Ky. - A former Kentucky player has been arrested in Lexington and charged with sex abuse and sodomy.
25-year-old Michael James Porter was arrested early Tuesday morning. Court documents state Porter allegedly had sexual contact with one underage girl in 2009 and 2010 whom he met while serving as a group leader during a church function.
The Fayette County Detention Center's website lists Porter as an inmate, but it did not have details on whether he had an attorney.
Porter played at Kentucky for three seasons, from 2006-2009, but left in his junior year to spend more time with his wife and child. During his last year, he played in 36 games, averaging 4.1 points and 2.5 assists per game.