Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Rock & Roots
Wed February 20, 2013
First Listen: Atoms For Peace, 'Amok'
No two words have ever summed up the music of Radiohead's Thom Yorke quite like his band's own song title, "Paranoid Android." It's all there: the unease and suspicion, the weight of worry, the otherworldly quality, the blend of man and machine, the sense that we're all headed toward imminent collapse. At a time when every detail of an artist's life is available in the time it takes to perform a Google search, Yorke still possesses genuine mystique — there's an alien quality to him that feels unknowable, and helps make his music achingly beautiful.
READ the full story and HEAR the full CD HERE...