Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon December 3, 2012
First Case of Flu in Fayette County
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Just in time for National Influenza Vaccination Week comes word of the first flu case in our area. Public health nurse manager at the Fayette County health department, Lois Davis, says if you’ve been putting it off- it’s time to get that flu shot.
“We had 143 confirmed cases last year. Now usually on most years the flu season peaks in January or February, so um this a little later than usual to have our first confirmed case, but maybe that means more people are getting their flu shots,” Davis says.
The seasonal flu shot is recommended to all people ages six months and older. The health department is offering flu shots from 3-5 p.m. Tuesdays at the Public Health Clinic at 805-A Newtown Circle. Additional information can be found at LexFluCrew.com.