Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu March 6, 2014
First Budget Meeting For School District Is Tonight
Fayette County Schools leaders are hosting two public meetings regarding the budget.
The district is faced with reducing operating costs by five percent to cover a 20-million dollar shortfall. The meetings are intended to share information and allow the community an opportunity to ask questions and give their input.
The first session is tonight from 6 to 8 pm. The second is next Tuesday also from 6 to 8. Both will be held in the gym at Northeast Christian Church on Star Shoot Parkway.
School Superintendent Tom Shelton, school board members and members of the executive leadership team will be in attendance.
Shelton released a statement saying “We value your ideas, suggestions and opinions. Your input will help us craft a balanced budget that meets the needs of all our students. We hope to see you there and look forward to a productive conversation!”
Organizers moved the events from Central Office in downtown Lexington to ensure easy parking for everyone who wanted to attend.
Budget Input Sessions
Dates: Thursday, March 6, 2014 and Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Time: 6 to 8 p.m.
Location: Northeast Christian Church, 990 Star Shoot Parkway, in the gymnasium