Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
Thu November 10, 2011
Feds Delay Decision On Pipeline Project
The State Department is delaying a decision for at least a year on whether to approve the Keystone pipeline. The $7 billion pipeline would carry oil from the tar sands of Alberta, Canada, through the U.S. to Gulf of Mexico refineries. Nebraska's state government and environmental groups have put intense pressure on the State Department and White House to reject the pipeline's proposed route. NPR's Richard Harris talks with Robert Siegel about the project.