Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue June 17, 2014
Federal Appeals Court To Weigh Gay Marriage Cases In Ky., Other States
A federal appeals court has scheduled oral arguments in gay marriage fights in Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Though each case is unique, they all deal with whether statewide gay marriage bans violate the Constitution.
The Cincinnati-based 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals will hear arguments Aug. 6 on whether to uphold gay marriage victories in the four states it oversees.
The 6th Circuit is the third federal appeals court to weigh challenges to state gay marriage bans.
Arguments were held in the 4th Circuit in Virginia in May and the 10th Circuit in Denver in April. Rulings are expected soon.
More than a dozen federal and state judges have struck down part or all of state-level bans in recent months. No rulings have gone the other way.