Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Wed June 19, 2013
Fayette Fourth of July Plans Unveiled
LEXINGTON,KY-- Mayor Jim Gray and members of the Downtown Lexington Corporation have just unveiled plans for the city's Fourth of July Celebration.
In a press conference at Cheapside Park Wednesday, Festival Chair Donna Moloney outlined this year's major events, which include a Great American Pie Contest, a Patriotic Concert at Transylvania University, and the Red, White and Boom Concert at Whitaker Bank Ballpark. Moloney says with these events, as well as the various street performers and vendors, "Lexington and Downtown will be alive.
City Fire Marshall Mike Farmer announced that the downtown fireworks show would begin at 10:00 PM and provided residents with safety tips if they were going to use them at home. He also pointed out a recent change in local law, saying that if fireworks"shoot up or blow up," they cannot legally be sold in Fayette County.
Lexington's Fourth of July Festival runs from the 2nd to 5th. A full schedule of events is available at the Downtown Lexington website.