Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu June 17, 2010
Fayette Co. Designated for FEMA Help
By Brenna Angel
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- – Fayette County residents are now eligible for possible individual assistance from FEMA. Inspectors have added Fayette to the list of counties that experienced significant damage from the May 1 and 2 storms.
Homeowners and renters who qualify for individual assistance could receive grants to help pay for temporary housing and home repairs. Storm victims must first register with FEMA by calling 1-800-621-FEMA or going online to disasterassistance.gov.
Mayor Jim Newberry says a FEMA disaster center is expected to open the public in Lexington, but details have not yet been released.