Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Fri April 4, 2014
Fans Asked To Keep It Classy
Win or lose, emergency crews, Lexington's Mayor and UK's President ask fans to celebrate safely tomorrow night.
Joe Best, Battalion Chief with the Lexington Fire Department said “The fire department in Lexington is just like everybody else. We’re absolutely tickled to death that the Wildcats are doing so well and nobody is more proud and happy as us for certain, but please don’t light fires during the celebration.”
Best, Battalion Chief went on to say that starting fires isn’t only dangerous, it’s illegal. Best said several people ended up with minor burns last weekend when couches were set on fire outside homes near campus and most of those injured weren’t even involved in setting the fires. Fire crews will be on hand throughout the city with a concentration on State Street, where several fires were started when Kentucky beat Louisville and Michigan.