Most Active Stories
- Lexington's New Econ. Development Fund And Demise Of Desha's On BizLexChat
- Local Music Monday: Fifth On The Floor Frontman, Justin Wells
- Salvation Army Gets Extra Special Donation In Owensboro
- UK A Capella Group Set To Debut On "The Sing-Off"
- Walton Avenue Corridor, VisitLEX Part Of This Week's Bizlex Chat
Around the Nation
Wed December 5, 2012
Famous Rudolph, Ohio, Postmark Will Shine On
Originally published on Wed December 5, 2012 9:09 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. The famous Rudolph, Ohio postmark shines on. After the staff of the village post office was cut to one, it wasn't so clear that the 80,000 Christmas parcels and cards that flow in would get the special Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer postmark. But the Toledo Blade reports nearly 75 volunteers have stepped up to keep the tradition going. Like Christmas elves, they're picking up shifts at the Rudolph post office and stamping away. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.