Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- WUKY's Phoenix Fridays... presented by Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals
- Kentucky Adventures: Experiencing The Bourbon Trail
Wed November 13, 2013
Engineer Battalion To Deploy To Kuwait
About 450 soldiers from the 19th Engineer Battalion at Fort Knox are set to deploy to Kuwait for nine months.
A deployment ceremony is set for Thursday morning at Brooks Parade Field. The ceremony will feature the casing of the unit's colors, a military tradition symbolizing the end of the unit's missions at Fort Knox. Once in Kuwait, the colors will be unfurled, symbolizing the beginning of its mission there. During the deployment, the unit's mission will be to execute forward operating base construction and infrastructure improvement projects. This will be the unit's fourth deployment since it was reactivated at Fort Knox in 2005.