Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue July 2, 2013
Embattled Development Director Resigns
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- The embattled director of the Bluegrass Area Development District has resigned. Lenny Stoltz's resignation Monday came a week after the executive board of the development district told him to resign or face being fired. Stoltz will receive a severance package of $128,000.
According to the Lexington Herald Leader Lawrenceburg Mayor Edwinna Baker, chairwoman of the development district, said the board had "lost confidence in the present leader and we needed new leadership."
She declined to detail problems other than to say there were some issues with a felony re-entry program that Stoltz had planned.
David Duttlinger will continue to act as interim executive director.