Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue July 27, 2010
Elementary School Needs a Name
By Brenna Angel
LEXINGTON, Ky. – It's currently known as "the elementary school on Keithshire Way" but Fayette County Public School officials hope to soon have a name picked out for its newest facility.
Meribeth Gaines is principal of the school that will open in the fall of 2011.
"We really want to encourage participation from the Lexington community, not just folks districted to that school. So we totally will be looking at everybody's opinion so that all folks involved feel like their suggestion is valid."
The criteria for new schools or other district facilities are that they be named for a geographic area of Lexington, such as a street or neighborhood, or named for a prominent person who is deceased.
Suggestions can be submitted online or sent in writing to 701 E. Main St., Room 108, Lexington, KY 40502. Include your proposed name for the new school and your rationale along with your name and daytime phone number.