Most Active Stories
- Lexington's New Econ. Development Fund And Demise Of Desha's On BizLexChat
- Local Music Monday: Fifth On The Floor Frontman, Justin Wells
- Salvation Army Gets Extra Special Donation In Owensboro
- UK A Capella Group Set To Debut On "The Sing-Off"
- Walton Avenue Corridor, VisitLEX Part Of This Week's Bizlex Chat
Around the Nation
Thu January 17, 2013
Electric Bikes Make Auto Show Appearance
Originally published on Thu January 17, 2013 11:11 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Walk a street in Beijing and you'll likely hear a whirring noise as an electric bicycle glides past. They're common in China. One auto maker wants to make them more common here. The makers of tiny Smart cars put an electric bike on display at the Detroit Auto Show. People at that show can also find bikes with pedals, like the Toyota Prius-branded bike.
We will know bikes are really catching on when some auto maker displays a bike SUV. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.