Most Active Stories
- Free Speech Exercised, Tested At UK's Constitution Day
- Here we go… The final WUKY Phoenix Friday is THIS Friday... 3 bands!!
- Shelton Promises Action On District Dysfunction
- Gigabit Possibilities For Lexington, Centrepointe, And KY-Swedish Connection On BizLexChat
- New Deal For Centrepointe Garage And Town Branch Trail Extension In BizLexChat
Wed August 15, 2012
EKU President Doug Whitlock Announces Retirement
RICHMOND, Ky. - Another Kentucky university will be in need of new leadership. Doug Whitlock, the president at Eastern Kentucky University announced Wednesday that he will retire from the on position July 31st.
Whitlock has served as EKU President since 2007; taking over for Joanne Glasser who left the school for another position in Maryland.
Today's announcement represents a second retirement for Whitlock at Eastern. He first left the university in 2003 after a 27 year career in various positions.
Eastern Kentucky University is the latest state institution to undergo changes in leadership. During the last year new presidents have been sworn in at the University of Pikeville, Northern Kentucky University, and the University of Kentucky.